CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

We're Getting a Puppy!


The Forsberg Family blog has been looking a little bare lately, so we've decided to spruce it up with our big news: we're getting a puppy!!

I've been begging Toren for months to let me get a puppy and he finally gave in.  Actually, since we aren't allowed to have pets at the apartment we're living in he always had a good excuse to tell me no, but our new place in Ohio is pet friendly and he had no other good arguments.  I'm thrilled!  I've really needed a companion while he's at school all day, and I think it will only get worse over the summer.

So, we decided on a Beagle (Toren really wanted a French Bulldog, but I think bulldogs usually look like angry toads).  We found an Amish family in Ohio that breeds dogs, including Beagles.  We put a down payment on the cutest male and we'll be able to pick it up once we get out there.

We haven't settled on a name yet, though Toren's offered up a few that just won't work (little killer, for example).  I guess we have a month to deliberate about it.

Here's a picture of the little guy.  Cute, isn't he?



And since that's not a very clear picture, here's a better picture of a Beagle.  This is what we hope he grows up to look like.


1 comments:

Eric and Cheryl said...

Very cute. Good luck with the house training. I hope you're better than we were with Frisbee.

BTW...don't let Toren name him. You'll end up with something like Maneater or Ripper or ... :)